Black People. Portland.
My name is Intisar Abioto. I’m a writer, dancer, photographer, and multi-disciplinary artist. The idea of The Black Portlanders came to my sister Hanifah one night as my mom, my other sisters, and I all sat round talking about Black people in Portland .. as we often do. A spark caught to flame that night and here we are.
We’re Black Portlanders documenting Black Portlanders.
My work can be found at intisarabioto.com
All work is Copyright © Intisar Abioto
- Portland Mercury: Intisar Abioto Crowdsources “The Blackest Night”
- OPB: Photographer Intisar Abioto Approaches ‘The Black Portlanders’ By The Numbers
- Al Jazeera America: Being Black In Portland
- Portland Observer: Black Portlanders
- The Oregonian: Black Portlanders blog shines light on African-American presence, joy